Living in Belgrade, Montana means living the best of both worlds. The city is set among the Rocky Mountains, surrounded by mountain ranges, sweeping peaks, and stunning views. But its location is just one aspect that makes it an ideal setting for those who are looking for a great place to live. Nestled among majestic mountains, choosing a home here means opening yourself up to adventure as well as being a part of a friendly neighborhood. While the homes for sale near Bozeman MT get much attention, the nearby city of Belgrade provides individuals and families with more attractively priced homes and access to excellent schools, exciting and unusual events and activities, and a comfortable community setting.
Repeatedly, Belgrade schools rank among the highest schools in the state of Montana. Many of the elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools received high marks when the sum of four different ratings is taken into account including College Readiness Rating, Test Score Rating, Academic Progress Rating, and Student Progress Rating1. For families who are interested in taking the next step to move to Belgrade, MT, the high quality of schools must play an integral role in their decision-making process.
Montana is not only a big sky country; the area is also blessed with a lot of green lands. Parks and recreational areas abound, allowing visitors and citizens to make the most of their outdoor time.
Some of the many parks include:
- Lewis and Clark Park – offers amenities such as picnic shelters, a splash park, tennis courts, soccer fields, and a playground.
- Dinosaur Playground – Kids can play on the wooden structure that boasts a dinosaur theme including a dino dig and slide.
- Lion’s Park – complete with picnic tables, playground, public restrooms, baseball fields, and benches.
- Kiwanis Park – Here, kids can play on the playground or use the seasonal ice skating rink, complete with a small warming shelter.
Homes for Sale Near Bozeman, MT provide an area for family-friendly activities
One way to gauge the morale and friendliness of a city is through its festivals. Bozeman is home to a great number of festivals that bring people together for fun and frivolity.
- Belgrade Fall Festival is an annual festival that offers visitors free admission to their parade, arts and crafts booths, and a variety of food vendors.
- Bozeman’s Farmer Market takes place between June and September, providing the community with a variety of fresh produce, dairy, and meats from local ranchers, greenhouses, and farms.
- Montana Shakespeare in the Park was created to inspire both young and old with professional productions of classic literature. 2022 marks its 50th anniversary season!
- Sweet Pea Festival takes place in August, enlisting a number of events such as the Sweet Pea Juried Art Show, Chalk on the Walk, and Music on Main, along with arts & crafts booths, children’s activities, and dance and theater performances.
Belgrade may be growing in popularity and its population, but that doesn’t mean that it has outgrown its hometown feel. Local shopkeepers provide their charming wares in boutique-style venues for a modern meets vintage feel.
- Architect’s Wife is located in downtown Bozeman offering one-of-a-kind styles and aesthetics that have true mountain appeal.
- Bob Ward’s Sports & Outdoor Gear for everything and anything you need to play outside.
- Big Bear Furniture stocks everything you need to make your home a mountain home.
Homes for Sale Near Bozeman, MT Provide an Abundance of Outdoor Activities
If there’s one thing that Montanans have in common, it’s their love for the outdoors. A deep sense of appreciation for the mountains, the wilderness, and even the weather brings the community together. Here is just a slice of the pie when it comes to the available activities:
- Fishing at Bozeman Ponds
- Cross Country Skiing at Sunset Hills Nordic Trails
- Downhill Skiing at Bridger Ski Foundation
- Camping at Bear Canyon Campground
- Biking & Mountain Biking at Mystic Lake and South Cottonwood Trail
- Hiking on Drinking Horse Mountain Trail
- Golf at Bridger Creek Golf Course
- Horseback Riding at Cedar Ridge Equine
- Hunting for deer and elk
- Ice Skating at Haynes Pavilion
- Rafting & Floating at Madison River Tubing
- Snowboarding at Big Sky Resort
- Snowmobiling at Brackett Creek
- Ziplining at Yellowstone Zipline & Canopy Tours
- Fly Fishing for wild trout
If you are looking for a sense of community, a sense of home, and geography whose shine never dulls, Belgrade, Montana is a sparkling gem that welcomes the young and the young at heart.
Resources for this article: